Private Mailbox Rental Service In Iowa City, IA
Safety, Security & Convenience
Receiving mail and packages at your home or business can be challenging (and potentially risky) for a number of reasons. Here are a few to consider:
- Identity thieves can find a treasure-trove of information about you by stealing letters directly from your home mailbox.
- UPS, FedEx, DHL and the United States Postal Service often leave packages on your porch or doorstep — making it easy for thieves to steal them — package theft like this is one of the fastest-growing crimes in the US.
- How many times have you been waiting for an important letter or package and find out the driver did not deliver it because he needed your signature — but you were at work or out shopping? Remember how tough it is to find that package?
- If you travel, what happens to your mail and packages while you’re gone?
- Do you run a business from your home? A residential address does not always give the best impression to clients.
Join the 21st Century and rent a private mailbox at Mailboxes of Iowa City. Renting a private mailbox is the most efficient way to receive your mail and packages. Small office and home office business operators have used private mailboxes for decades to help manage their business. Private citizens use them for safety, security, and convenience.
Why rent a Private Mailbox?
- Use a Street Address instead of a residential address or P.O. Box — better for business and personal mail and packages.
- Free package receiving — We accept packages and mail from the Post Office, UPS, FedEx, DHL, and couriers — never miss a delivery again! We’ll sign for it and keep it safe until you can pick it up.
- Free “Mail Check” — Call ahead to see if you have mail — no wasted trips.
- Email & text notification—We can email or text you when that important letter or package is delivered.
- Security & Safety — Your letters and packages are delivered daily with no security issues.
- Mail Forwarding — Do you travel and fret about your mail piling up? We can forward it to you overnight, weekly, monthly, or on demand. There is a $5.00 charge for forwarding plus postage and materials.
- Anonymity & Privacy — Your information is safe with us.
- Permanent Address — Do you move frequently? Tired of your mail “chasing” you? Problem solved.
- Separate your Business from your Personal mail — If you run a business from your home, it’s a good idea to have a separate business address.
- When you rent a private mailbox at Mailboxes of Iowa City you get a “real” street address. It creates a more professional appearance for your business and is easier for customers to find you on line.
Mailbox Rental Prices
3 months 6 months 12 months
Small 3.25" x 4.5" $42 ($14 month) $72 ($12 month) $120 ($10 month)
Medium 5.5" x 6" $57 ($19 month) $102 ($17 month) $180 ($15 month)
Large 10.75" x 8" $72 ($24 month) $132 ($22 month) $240 ($20 month)
Mailboxes of Iowa City is a licensed CMRA (Commercial Mail Receiving Agency) by the United States Postal Service since 1988. There is a 3 month rental minimum and a $5.00 set up/key fee when opening a mailbox. A Mailboxes of Iowa City rental application and a USPS form 1583 need to be filled out prior to opening a mailbox.
The US Postal Service requires customers to present two forms of identification, one with a photograph. Social Security cards, credit cards and birth certificates are NOT acceptable forms of identification per the US Postal Service. Following are examples of acceptable forms of identification:
- Valid driver's license or non-driver's license state ID
- Armed Forces ID
- Government ID
- University ID
- Recognized corporate ID
- Alien registration card
- Current lease, mortgage or deed
- Voter registration card
- Utility bill
- Home or vehicle insurance policy
- Vehicle registration card
Have A Question About Our Mailbox Services? Rent a Mailbox Form